Department: Response Team
Close Date: 31 Mar 2017
What does working at CompuVision mean?
Employees at CompuVision are valued for their creative initiative. Our work culture is embedded with a cohesive and collaborative approach, where employees are encouraged to use their talents to assist clients, plan strategy, and work together to create successful end products. We value autonomy and freedom and always take the time to celebrate and reward great work.
Why work for CompuVision?
Our employees are what make CompuVision so successful. We are innovative, creative, and strategic professionals who believe that work and life should be balanced. The work we do is complex, creative, and rewarding, with endless opportunities for growth within the company. With offices in different locations, those with the desire to travel and work in a different city have that opportunity with CompuVision.
CompuVision wants to acquire and retain the best talent in the field. To do this, we offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and generous vacation entitlements. We also make your work-life balance a priority. We entrust our employees to set their own goals and work independently and this trust lends to a friendly, respectful, and strong corporate culture where like-minded team members come together to work collaboratively.
CompuVision attracts those with the desire and drive to become the best in their field; our staff like what they do, and who they do it with.
The System Administrator is primarily responsible for providing senior level technical assistance and support to internal and external clients related to server and network infrastructure, workstations, applications, backup solutions, etc. In addition to this, the System Administrator is responsible for evaluating and making recommendations regarding new technologies or products.
- Provide escalation support to fellow technicians
- Advanced server, network, desktop, and application troubleshooting
- Be available to assist end users on-site and remotely
- Server/Network design and support
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation
- Maintain accurate and up to date timesheets
- Train and mentor tier 1 and tier 2 technicians
- Participate in the on-call rotation
Education Requirements, Skills, and Knowledge
- Degree or Diploma in Relevant field
- Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCTIP (in progress or completed)
- Minimum five years relevant IT experience fully supporting and building SMB or enterprise environments
- Previous work in a Managed Services environment is preferred
- Demonstrated senior level expertise in:
- Windows Server
- Exchange and Office 365
- Active Directory
- Routing and Switching
- Enterprise Storage solutions
- Extensive experience with virtualization technologies
- Must possess a vehicle, valid driver’s license, and appropriate business-class insurance
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applicants, only those candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted.