Department: Strategy Team
Close Date: 31 Mar 2017
What does working at CompuVision mean?
Employees at CompuVision are valued for their creative initiative. Our work culture is embedded with a cohesive and collaborative approach, where employees are encouraged to use their talents to assist clients, plan strategy, and work together to create successful end products. We value autonomy and freedom and always take the time to celebrate and reward great work.
Why work for CompuVision?
Our employees are what make CompuVision so successful. We are innovative, creative, and strategic professionals who believe that work and life should be balanced. The work we do is complex, creative, and rewarding, with endless opportunities for growth within the company. With offices in different locations, those with the desire to travel and work in a different city have that opportunity with CompuVision.
CompuVision wants to acquire and retain the best talent in the field. To do this, we offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and generous vacation entitlements. We also make your work-life balance a priority. We entrust our employees to set their own goals and work independently and this trust lends to a friendly, respectful, and strong corporate culture where like-minded team members come together to work collaboratively.
CompuVision attracts those with the desire and drive to become the best in their field; our staff like what they do, and who they do it with.
CompuVision is currently looking for a Network Administrator to be responsible for ensuring consistency of client systems by establishing, implementing and maintaining best-practice standards and procedures.
- Analyze and improve upon our technology standards to maintain a technological and competitive edge within the market
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to develop and maintain a technology plan that supports customer needs
- Continually align client infrastructure and configurations with our best-practices and standards
- Continually look for ways to reduce end user and alert ticket volumes
- Documentation maintenance for client computer systems and network infrastructure
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Provide visible leadership within the company on developing staff to understand our technology standards and why they exist
- Anticipate and react to major technology changes to ensure the maintenance of company leadership in the competitive landscape
- Assess and communicate risks associated with technology-related investments and purchases
- Work closely with department managers and executives to define and deliver new services and products
- Client support or escalation services on an as needed basis
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to each customer’s needs
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
- Enter all work as activities or service tickets into ConnectWise
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Education Requirements, Skills, and Knowledge
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSE or MCITP, VMware VCP, Fortinet FCNSA or Cisco CCNA
- Demonstrated ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for technology and product roadmaps
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of IT applications, processes, software, and equipment
- Skill in strategic planning with an ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-3 year time span
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to changes quickly and follow directions well
- Excellent oral and written communication: ability to communicate information and ideas in speech and writing so that others will understand
- Time management: ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to actively listen: giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team as well as independently
- Ability to relate to clients in a meaningful way – “having a unique personal touch”
- Commitment to company values
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applicants, only those candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted.