Department: Admin Team
Close Date: 31 Mar 2017
Reporting to the Controller, the Intermediate Accounting Technician is responsible for supporting the day-to-day accounting function of CompuVision. This includes full cycle accounts payable, payroll and benefit administration, general accounting, and supporting the Controller with the month-end process, while ensuring the effective, efficient, and accurate delivery of accounting and administrative assignments.
- Accounts Payable – administration of full cycle accounts payable, including invoice coding and entry, processing vendor payments (paper cheques and electronic), integration of procurement receipts and matching of vendor invoices, reconciliation of credit cards and vendor accounts, maintaining vendor relations, responsible for vendor files and A/P filing system.
- Payroll and related administration – assist Controller with bi-weekly processing of Canadian and US payroll. Manage highly confidential information in a professional manner, adhering to privacy laws and payroll/accounting best practices; ensure the confidentiality of financial and personnel files.
- Benefits – assist Controller with administration of benefit related tasks including reconciliations and data input.
- GL Maintenance and reconciliation – create general journal entries and appropriate supporting documents as required. Reconcile various Balance Sheet accounts on a monthly basis according to company policies and procedures.
- Tax Filings – assist with filing of GST, PST, and payroll remittance.
- The Intermediate Accounting Technician will also be responsible for filing documents, reconciling statements, and running reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation, including changes, and process guides.
- Maintain accurate and up to date timesheets.
- Attend training & team meetings as required.
Education Requirements, Skills, and Knowledge
- Minimum three years progressive experience in an office accounting environment
- Accounting or business diploma or in pursuit of considered an asset
- General knowledge of A/P, general ledger account structure, and payroll procedures
- Intermediate Excel, Word, and Outlook computer skills
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting considered an asset
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Able to successfully manage priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Able to adapt and shift priorities
- Flexible in execution of tasks
- Team orientated with open communication style
- Ability to work independently
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly
- Ability to investigate and resolve queries and issues related to accounts payable and payroll
- Effective written and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skill
- Demonstrate ability to show initiative
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applicants, only those candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted.