Department: Strategy Team
Close Date: 31 Mar 2017
Part business analyst, part project manager, this role will require wearing two hats to assist our clients with their I.T. needs. The business analyst/ project manager is responsible for managing and executing projects that will include process improvement, software selection and implementation, and infrastructure improvements. The BA/PM will have significant experience as a Business Analyst and some Project Management experience, have strong process and conceptual thinking skills, and will be an organized individual. The BA/PM reports to the Manager, Professional Services and will be responsible for exemplary customer service to CompuVision clients.
- Understand and follow “The CompuVision Way”. This is our set of people, process and technology that produces a predictable end result for the customer. You must be aware of and maintain our standards, understanding that it is a living guide. Always updating and always changing based on influence from our team and needs of our customers.
- Communicate and manage communication with customers and team members as needed.
- Communicate with all parties in a constructive manner to guarantee customer expectations are met.
- Perform all related Business Analysis tasks including documentation
- Manage or coordinate client projects
- Manage the risks associated with client projects and ensure strong change-management processes are followed with the client teams.
- Be a contributing member of the CompuVision team
Business Analysis Tasks:
- Understand project background, scope and objectives and general requirements through interviewing stakeholders
- Build Current State analysis and maps
- Build Future State process and maps with the client audience
- Execute Functional Analysis: functions and features required, interfaces, and non-automated functions
- Execute Data Analysis: data/information architecture, data model, both current and future
- Execute Reporting Analysis
- Document all of the above
- Provide conclusions, open items, recommendations
- Write feasibility documents, requests for proposal, business cases and others
- Support selection of software solutions
- Support implementations
Project Management Tasks:
- Review of Project Proposals, identifying project objectives, schedule, scope and budget needs and risks early on in the project process.
- Ensure project work aligns with and enforces CompuVision standards.
- Delivering quotes produced by the team to required stakeholders, identifying any assumptions made.
- Creation of Project Charters, fully detailing the schedule, scope and budget, along with all participants, roles and responsibilities, stakeholders and constraints.
- Act as an escalation point during Project Delivery for internal and external stakeholders in the event of issues, questions or critical status updates.
- Review completed projects for adherence to schedule, scope and budget as well as accuracy, communication, customer satisfaction and issues.
- Responsible for the scheduling, time and utilization management of team members. Ensuring every hour is a profitable hour and that work flows and procedures are being followed.
- Review and manage project backlog to ensure projects are being correctly scheduled, prioritized and moving through the system as desired.
- Review, revise, submit and annotate project invoicing monthly.
- Provide timely responses and guidance to client requests, either directly if needed or via your team.
- Attend and facilitate team meetings as required.
Education Requirements, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor Degree in a business or information technology discipline
- At least 2-3 years of experience in I.T. and Business Analysis
- At least 1-2 years experience in project management in a medium complexity environment
- Good understanding of organizations & methodologies
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products
- Knowledge of IT applications, processes, software and equipment
- Skill in planning and preparing written communications
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Excellent ability to present information to senior management in a manner that is clear and concise.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective working relationships, solicit co-operation and resolve conflicts with a variety of stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Experience in business analysis, profit/loss responsibility and a good understanding of financial concepts.
- Excellent client service skills, with the ability to create/cultivate trusting relationships with clients and co-workers and remain calm in stressful circumstances.
- In-depth understanding of Project Management and Business Analysis
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applicants, only those candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted.